Increasing Your Effectiveness as a New Assistant Head or Deputy – 3 day module Summer SOUTH WALES (Cardiff)
This course is now fully booked.
This 3-day module is a rolling programme. The days can be completed in any order and can also be booked as stand-alone days.
Day 3 - Tuesday 25th May 2021
- developing qualities and behaviours of effective leaders
- understanding yourself and others, including leadership styles
- discovering the improvement strategies associated with the best performing schools
- preparing for the NPQH
Day 1 - TBC Autumn Term 2021
- golden rules of deputy headship and establishing an effective school climate
- developing lesson observation skills of teachers experiencing difficulties
- securing accountability of yourself, others and the school writing an excellent self–evaluation report
Day 2 -TBC Spring Term 2022
- implications for schools of the key messages from Estyn’s Annual Report
- writing summative evaluations for the quality of teaching in the school
- developing links from accurate self-evaluation to high quality school improvement planning
- writing improvement plan priorities for key areas: literacy, numeracy and teaching/learning
What people say about this course...
"Another great day of training. Lots of ideas to take back to school. Afternoon session very helpful when new in the role." Course attendee 06/06/19 "Final day of the 3 days. As always really enjoyed the day. Structure and content of the day relevant and effective, will have an impact on practice." Course attendee 06/06/19 "Superb course as always - all relevant and lots of upskilling plus resources to use back in school. Many thanks" Course attendee 06/06/19