Increasing Your Effectiveness as a New Assistant Head or Deputy – 3-day Module SOUTH WALES (Cardiff)
This 3-day module is a rolling programme. The days can be completed in any order and can also be booked as stand-alone days.
- golden rules of deputy headship and establishing an effective school climate
- developing lesson observation skills of teachers experiencing difficulties
- securing accountability of yourself, others and the school
- writing an excellent self–evaluation report
- implications for schools of the key messages from Estyn’s Annual Report
- writing summative evaluations for the quality of teaching in the school
- developing links from accurate self-evaluation to high quality school improvement planning
- writing improvement plan priorities for key areas: literacy, numeracy and teaching/learning
- developing qualities and behaviours of effective leaders
- understanding yourself and others, including leadership styles
- discovering the improvement strategies associated with the best performing schools
- preparing for the NPQH
What people say about the New Assistant/Deputy Head course...
"Very engaging and knowledgeable! Enjoyed discussion with Gareth and other colleagues throughout the day. Lots to ponder on, actions to implement and useful pointers for effective SER writing - Diolch!!" Autumn Course Attendee 08/112018 "Very informative and detailed information for newly appointed deputies. Thank you!" Autumn Course Attendee 08/112018 "Hugely useful over 3 days - Having gone through Estyn in July 2018, the messages from the course were absolutely invaluable. Thank you!" Autumn Course Attendee 08/112018