‘What does Donaldson look like in KS2?’
In his ‘Successful Futures’ Report the ethos, principles and pedagogy of the current Foundation Phase was identified as a significant strength of current educational practice in Wales. It was recommended that schools build on successful ‘Foundation’ practice, philosophy and pedagogy into the middle and later years of primary education and beyond. How this works in practice needs to be carefully managed to ensure that transition issues are removed and progression is ensured.
- What does a successful Foundation Phase look like?
- What are the key words of successful practice and excellence?
- How do we take some of these elements of the Foundation Phase into Years 3 and 4?
- What will they look like in practice?
- What refinements need to be made?
- What curriculum ‘areas’ do we need to put into these classrooms?
- How do we promote independent learning here?
- How do we take the aspects of a successful Foundation Phase into these classrooms and yet ensure progression?
What people say about the Donaldson in KS2 course..."Thank you so much Cath. A really informative course, really inspiring. I can't wait to implement into our school." "Thank you Cath. Such a vital course for KS2 practitioners to consider provision and organisation and realise the need for small changes to make a great impact on pupils as well as teacher wellbeing and workload. Lots to think about but very excited for the journey ahead." "An outstanding course which will have a significant impact on the wellbeing of teachers and the wellbeing of children. A real insight into a new KS2, and enjoyment in learning." Course attendees 11/11/2021
Course Presenter: Cath Delve
Course Location: South Wales - Cardiff
Future Inn's Conference Covid Policy
- Meetings will be arranged based on 1m social distancing.
- Anti-bac stations will continue to be in place.
- Social distancing encouraged in all public areas.
- Enhanced cleaning of public areas & high-level touch areas, this includes conference area.
- Staff members continuing to wear masks and guests asked to wear masks in all public areas.
- One way system when entering and exiting hotel.
- Conference guests asked to complete self-disclosure form on arrival.
- Individual water bottles will be provided.
- Tea/coffee served in training rooms.
- Lunches (in individual bags) served in training room with a choice of standard, vegetarian, vegan or specific dietary requirement – if possible, please advise of gluten free or other dietary requirements in advance.