‘What does Donaldson Look Like in KS2?’
In his ‘Successful Futures’ Report the ethos, principles and pedagogy of the current Foundation Phase was identified as a significant strength of current educational practice in Wales. It was recommended that schools build on successful ‘Foundation’ practice, philosophy and pedagogy into the middle and later years of primary education and beyond. How this works in practice needs to be carefully managed to ensure that transition issues are removed and progression is ensured.
- what exactly are we supposed to be Building on?
- what does a successful Foundation Phase look like?
- what are the key words of successful practice and excellence?
- how do we take some of these elements of the Foundation Phase into KS2?
- what will they look like in practice?
- what refinements need to be made?
- what curriculum ‘areas’ do we need to put into these classrooms?
- how do we promote independent learning here?
- how do we take the aspects of a successful Foundation Phase into these classrooms and yet ensure progression?