Using Performance Management to Develop and Measure Successful Futures and the New Professional Standards – SOUTH WALES (Cardiff)
Course date: 28th Sep 2021This course has expired.
Target Group: SMT with PM roles
- directly link the SDP to performance management with a focus on objectives that reflect Successful Futures and Attitudes to Learning
- detail how the new Professional Standards for teachers inform and support Performance management (PM)
- set out a clear process to set, develop and review effective objectives within a clear effective process
- derive greatest benefits from the process for teachers and the school
- ensure the pay links to performance management are fair and appropriate.
What people say about the Performance Management course..."After a Gareth Coombes training day I feel like a child in my class. I go home with my mind buzzing. (In a good way) Fantastic and helpful." Course Attendee Autumn 2018 "Lots of useful information about professional standards, learning. How to link SIP and PM. Very informative. Inspired to make changes in school and include all members in the journey." Course Attendee Autumn 2018 "Some very worthwhile ideas to take back to school and develop. These courses are always good value for money." Course Attendee Autumn 2018
Course Presenter: Gareth Coombes
LEADERSHIP and MANAGEMENT/ ASSESSMENT for LEARNING - Gareth Coombes is an Educational Consultant, he has 17 years’ advisory experience. Previously he has worked as a Challenge Adviser, a Lead Adviser in Newport LA, with a key responsibility for leadership and teaching and learning across the city's 54 primary schools. Prior to that Gareth worked in Torfaen and in an earlier life was a very successful primary headteacher. Gareth Coombes is an Estyn Inspector of both Key Stage 2 and Foundation Phase. He is experienced in international working, particularly in the Far East, most recently in Dubai and Myanmar. In his INSET, he will outline successful strategies, citing the many instances of excellent and good practices that he observes on his travels. His Inset is underpinned by up-to-date educational research. He believes in supporting schools with the 'how to do it' as opposed to the 'what to do'. His style is engaging and varied! He tells it as it is! He has presented at range of conferences. Gareth’s fields of expertise are all aspects of leadership and effective teaching and learning. He has created a series of supportive educational products, particularly Leadership Continua, Middle Leaders Continua, Continua for LSAs, Continua for Kids and materials to support effective self-evaluation and work scrutiny! Most recently he is supporting schools in writing high-quality and much shorter SERs! In partnership, he has re-launched Teaching Continua, currently used in over 500 schools, as an on-line developmental self-evaluation tool for teachers and school development. Gareth Coombes is currently working on materials to support schools in developing Successful Futures. Search for Courses
Course Location: South Wales - Cardiff
Future Inn, Hemingway Road, Cardiff Bay, CF10 4AU START TIME: 8.30am coffee and registration for a 9.00am start
Future Inn's Conference Covid Policy
- Meetings will be arranged based on 1m social distancing.
- Anti-bac stations will continue to be in place.
- Social distancing encouraged in all public areas.
- Enhanced cleaning of public areas & high-level touch areas, this includes conference area.
- Staff members continuing to wear masks and guests asked to wear masks in all public areas.
- One way system when entering and exiting hotel.
- Conference guests asked to complete self-disclosure form on arrival.
- Individual water bottles will be provided.
- Tea/coffee served in training rooms.
- Lunches (in individual bags) served in training room with a choice of standard, vegetarian, vegan or specific dietary requirement – if possible, please advise of gluten free or other dietary requirements in advance.