Supporting learner progression through highly effective assessment practices in the Curriculum for Wales
This two-day Inset will focus on the new arrangements for assessment, as set out in Curriculum for Wales. It will explore how to embed assessment into day-to-day practices. The focus will be specifically on each of the four purposes and identifying means of ascertaining pupil progress. Emphasis will be on doing this with high levels of learner involvement. Resources will be provided to support this.
Dates: Thursday 26th May 2022 & Tuesday 14th June 2022
- to understand what the expectations for assessment in the new curriculum are, and its implications for the school’s self-evaluation cycle
- to understand how to embed assessment ‘as’ Learning so that assessment becomes indistinguishable from learning for each of the four purposes
- how to capture progress of the individual learner, both in the moment of learning, and overtime for each of the four purposes
- consider how different groups of learners make progress, and how this links to the school’s self-evaluation cycle
What people say about the Supporting learner progression course..." A very informative day. Lots of strategies and ideas to take back to school! Thank you! Loved the example to support ideas." Course attendee 19/05/21 " Good focus on actual examples that can be used and implemented in school." Course attendee 19/05/21 " Very well structured day. Lots of information and ideas to consider. Relation to theory and practical examples are very useful to share with staff. Diolch :)" Course attendee 19/05/21
Course Presenters: Gareth Coombes, Huw Duggan
Course Location: South Wales - Cardiff
Future Inn's Conference Covid Policy
- Meetings will be arranged based on 1m social distancing.
- Anti-bac stations will continue to be in place.
- Social distancing encouraged in all public areas.
- Enhanced cleaning of public areas & high-level touch areas, this includes conference area.
- Staff members continuing to wear masks and guests asked to wear masks in all public areas.
- One way system when entering and exiting hotel.
- Conference guests asked to complete self-disclosure form on arrival.
- Individual water bottles will be provided.
- Tea/coffee served in training rooms.
- Lunches (in individual bags) served in training room with a choice of standard, vegetarian, vegan or specific dietary requirement – if possible, please advise of gluten free or other dietary requirements in advance.