STEM – WEST WALES (Llampeter)
‘Brilliant Block Play! – The world through the eyes of a child’
Block play is the perfect way to support the four purposes. It offers a vast range of open-ended experiences, enriches every curriculum area and supports child development. Through block play children may investigate the basic principles of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics – not to mention problem solving, thinking and social skills! Block play fosters a child’s natural curiosity.
- identify the progression of block play from Nursery – Year 2 and beyond
- provide guidance on how to set up high-quality block play areas ensuring progression from Nursery and beyond
- highlight the importance of using open-ended, natural and recycled materials to enhance block play areas
- draw attention to the role of the adult in this open-ended area of continuous provision
- share exemplary practice demonstrating the versatility of block play and how it supports all areas of learning
What people say about this course...
"Lovely day! Really good to understand the progression from N - Y2 and also to develop an understanding of the history behind Block Play!" Summer Course Attendee 19/06/19
"Fantastic introduction to block play and how its fits into the new curriculum. Good explanation of progression through the FP. Summer Course Attendee 19/06/19
"This has really inspired me and I'm eager to put to use what I have learnt. Setting targets was very useful as well as the practical nature." Summer Course Attendee 19/06/19