Achieving Highly Ambitious Capable Lifelong Learners through Self-Regulation (Part One)
Self-Regulation for learning, according to the EFF, has a significant impact on accelerating progress (+7 months). However very few schools understand what self-regulation for learning is. Even fewer target this as part of their curriculum and pedagogical development. Likewise, effective Self-Regulation underpins much of the common inspection framework including:
- Well being and Attitudes to Learning
- Teaching and learning experiences
- Care support and Guidance.
- What is effective self-regulation for behaviour; why self-regulation for behaviour is so important in order to accelerate pupils’ progression in self-regulation for learning.
- How to develop strategies to promote Self-regulation.
- Self-esteem and Self-regulation tools.
- Successful classroom environments.