Outdoor Learning in Primary School – SOUTH WALES (Cardiff)
“Sticks and stones may break my bones but worms will never hurt me”
Outdoor learning offers our children very special opportunities for play and exploration, real experiences and contact with their natural world.
- provide regular opportunities for children to develop and practice literacy and other skills outdoors
- plan, organise and assess learning as well in the outdoors as they do indoors
- link curriculum coverage outdoors directly with what is happening indoors
- ensure that all staff are well trained and confident in using the outdoors to support learning
What people say about the Outdoor Learning in Primary School course...
"Another amazing course delivered by both! Another exciting list of to-dos to go back to school with and a bank of knowledge to share. Attending this course in the current situation was a little uneasy but the presenters and hotel thought of everything :) " Course attendee 17/05/21
"Very interesting course with lots of ideas that I can take back to school." Course attendee 17/05/21
"So many excellent ideas / examples to be able to use. The afternoon activity really brought home the quote 'Don't overthink it'. Good to see it in practice." Course attendee 17/05/21
Course Presenters: Cath Delve, Karen Mills
Course Location: South Wales - Cardiff
Future Inn's Conference Covid Policy
- Meetings will be arranged based on 1m social distancing.
- Anti-bac stations will continue to be in place.
- Social distancing encouraged in all public areas.
- Enhanced cleaning of public areas & high-level touch areas, this includes conference area.
- Staff members continuing to wear masks and guests asked to wear masks in all public areas.
- One way system when entering and exiting hotel.
- Conference guests asked to complete self-disclosure form on arrival.
- Individual water bottles will be provided.
- Tea/coffee served in training rooms.
- Lunches (in individual bags) served in training room with a choice of standard, vegetarian, vegan or specific dietary requirement – if possible, please advise of gluten free or other dietary requirements in advance.