LIVE ONLINE – TEAMS MEETING 3 day Unlocking the LLC AoLE – Helen Bowen
The format of the LLC AoLE training days will be somewhat different as we will be ‘meeting’ virtually. The sessions will be for a small group (no more than 10) so that they can be interactive. The days will be chunked into more bite size pieces and will include tasks for reflection as well as discussion.
- What are the headlines of the LLC AoLE? What are the strengths and challenges that we might face?
- How It the AoLE structured?
- What has changed and what has stayed the same? What are the implications for us as we move towards full implementation in 2022?
- How can we begin auditing our current provision and support staff with developing a consistent understanding?
- What does good practice in speaking and listening look like and where are the links with the statements of what matter? How to create a consistent approach that builds on your existing practice.
- What does good practice in reading look like and where are the links with the statements of what matter? How to create a literature driven LLC curriculum and a consistent approach that builds on your existing practice.
- The LLC AoLE and designing a curriculum that reflects our Welsh heritage and literature.
- How can we make meaningful links with other AoLEs and further embed speaking, listening and reading skills?
- Where are we now? What steps might we have taken as a result of sessions 1 and 2? What has the impact been? What issues might we have started to uncover?
- What does good practice in writing look like and where are the links with the statements of what matter? Are grammar and punctuation, spelling and handwriting still a priority?
- Understanding the progression steps and the structure and organisation across languages including Welsh, and an International Language.
- Developing an action plan for implementing change back in school using the SASH format (Sustain, Adjust, Start, Halt).
- Managing change and engaging all staff: Simple Things Done Well!
Timings and Format of the DaysDue to the training day being on- screen, timings have needed to be adjusted to allow colleagues to have regular breaks to both refresh as well as reflect.
- Preparation: 9am to 10.15am Independent teacher reflection time. Please work through the prompts that Helen will email to you before the event. These will be aimed at self evaluation of your current provision.
- Session 1: 10.30am – 12pm Join Helen in the virtual meeting room
- Lunch: 12pm to 1pm
- Session 2: 1pm to 2pm Join Helen in the virtual meeting room
- Break: 2pm to 2.15pm
- Session 3: 2.15pm to 3.15pm Join Helen in the virtual meeting room
Course Presenter: Helen Bowen
Live Online Course - Teams Meeting
What Happens Next?
- Please provide Collective Learning with the email address of the person who will be attending the training days.
- Helen Bowen will send through a Teams Meeting link to the person who is attending so that they can join her live on the day.
- The meeting room will only be available to those who have been sent the link and will be admitted to the room on the day.
- For safety, the meeting room will then be ‘locked’ once the training has started, and no other participants will be able to enter.
- All materials will be sent electronically to the attendee after the event.