Observation and Assessment in Early Years (PS1) – SOUTH WALES (Cardiff)
‘Watch, Wait and Wonder… making learning visible in early years’
This event focuses on capturing significant moments in learning – what really matters to young children! During the day, we will explore a range of excellent systems for gathering and recording young children’s development, interests and fascinations.
- highlight the importance of using high quality observations to inform future learning including examples of assessment of, and for learning, which are appropriate for 3-5-year olds
- reflect on current observation systems and share a range of excellent material which celebrates young children as creative, independent thinkers and learners with a positive disposition to learning
- draw attention to the role documentation plays in celebrating children’s learning and the power of pupil voice in meaningful contexts
- share current outstanding learning journal material from recently inspected ‘excellent’ schools which demonstrate how pupil voice shapes the curriculum
- discuss the role of the Foundation Phase Profile in supporting children’s learning