NEW Teaching & Learning – a day of hints and tips with Cath Delve SOUTH WALES (Cardiff)
The Teaching & Learning course is based on Cath’s new book – Being an Effective Primary School Teacher, and everyone attending the course will receive their own copy of the book.
Who is the book for?
The book is for teachers of any age group, in whatever school or LEA you teach in. It is operational, classroom based and as practical as Cath could make it. It is also a book for school and LEA senior leaders.
What does it look like?
There is a section for every letter of the alphabet (see the table below). Each section begins with an introduction, followed by a section headed ‘hints and tips’, a conclusion and finishes with a ‘be aware’ section. It is the same format throughout the book. The hints and tips sections include as many practical examples as possible.
Both the Teaching & Learning course and the book, Being an Effective Primary School Teacher, will provide teachers with a practical guide, a toolkit really, of hints, tips and ideas to help you be a highly effective primary school teacher wherever you are currently teaching.
- A - Annual Events N-New ideas and New initiatives managing change
- B - Balance O-Organisation and funding of resources
- C - Continuous and enhanced provision including ‘Missions’ in KS2
- D - Displays
- E - Evidence (including ‘catching the learning’ that doesn’t go into a book)
- F - Focussed tasks
- G - Group working
- H - Homework
- I - Independence
- J - Jobs-(including time management)
- K - Keeping control-(behaviour management)
- L - Long term topics
- M - Monitoring
- N - New ideas and New initiatives managing change
- O - Organisation and funding of resources
- P - Pupil voice
- Q - Questioning
- R - Roleplay
- S - Support staff
- T - Timetabling
- U - Using the outdoors
- V - Visits and visitors
- W - Whole school (consistency)
- X - X-ray-(forensically reflecting on your classroom)
- Y - Your room-(effective environments)
- Z - Zero tolerance-(non-negotiables)
Course Presenter: Cath Delve
Course Location: South Wales - Cardiff
Future Inn's Conference Covid Policy
- Meetings will be arranged based on 1m social distancing.
- Anti-bac stations will continue to be in place.
- Social distancing encouraged in all public areas.
- Enhanced cleaning of public areas & high-level touch areas, this includes conference area.
- Staff members continuing to wear masks and guests asked to wear masks in all public areas.
- One way system when entering and exiting hotel.
- Conference guests asked to complete self-disclosure form on arrival.
- Individual water bottles will be provided.
- Tea/coffee served in training rooms.
- Lunches (in individual bags) served in training room with a choice of standard, vegetarian, vegan or specific dietary requirement – if possible, please advise of gluten free or other dietary requirements in advance.