- recent Estyn key messages
- familiarisation of recommendations from recent inspection reports using the NEW framework
- the changes to the common inspection framework-this applies to the notice period, changes in the distribution and use of questionnaires, the move from 3 to 5 inspection areas with 15 aspects of inspection now included
clarity as to what goes where in the NEW framework
- using the NEW framework to help with monitoring-hints and tips on what exactly are we supposed to be looking for?
- frequently asked questions answered
- how it links to Donaldson and Successful Futures
Course Presenter: Cath Delve
FOUNDATION PHASE/ OUTDOOR LEARNING/ WHOLE SCHOOL ISSUES -
Cath Delve provides training, guidance and support to schools and LEAs all over Wales. Her courses cover a wide range of topics such as creating independent learners, outdoor learning, pupil voice and well-being, raising the attainment of boys, progression in continuous and enhanced provision, planning and the curriculum, being an effective Foundation Phase leader, literacy, numeracy, creativity, assessment, raising standards through display, transition, moving towards the new curriculum, developing the role of support staff and the exemplary delivery of the Foundation Phase.
Some of her initiatives such as ‘Freaky Friday,’ ‘Igloo’ and ‘Messy Monday’ have been implemented and used by schools all over Wales and into England.
In addition to working for Collective Learning as a course provider she is also an independent educational consultant working alongside many, many schools all over Wales to help them improve their environments, provision, curriculum, everyday practice with a view to raising standards and moving forward in every way.
Course Location: South Wales
START TIME: 8.30am coffee and registration for a 9.00am start