NEW Coding and Engineering using a Crumble Controller in PS2/PS3
Delegates must bring a laptop (PC, Laptop, Mac or Chromebook) to run the free Crumble software. (Does not currently work on tablets or phones)
How can we address Estyn findings that state: ‘in too many schools, pupils’ understanding of ‘systems and control’ is weak’; and address some of the requirements of the Computation is the Foundation for Our Digital World Description of Learning in the Science and Technology AOLE.
This course is suitable for complete beginners and more confident practitioners. All delegates will receive a Crumble Controller. starter pack
- how to drag the blocks to build up a program;
- how to drive motors forwards and backwards;
- how to build in components such as tilt switches, toggle switches, push button switches, buzzers, light sensors. motors and LEDS;
- to ‘follow algorithms to determine their purpose and predict outcomes’;
- how to explain and debug algorithms;
- how to design and make some exciting products using the Crumble Controller
Course Presenter: Robert (Bob) Cater MBE
Course Location: South Wales - Cardiff
Future Inn's Conference Covid Policy
- Meetings will be arranged based on 1m social distancing.
- Anti-bac stations will continue to be in place.
- Social distancing encouraged in all public areas.
- Enhanced cleaning of public areas & high-level touch areas, this includes conference area.
- Staff members continuing to wear masks and guests asked to wear masks in all public areas.
- One way system when entering and exiting hotel.
- Conference guests asked to complete self-disclosure form on arrival.
- Individual water bottles will be provided.
- Tea/coffee served in training rooms.
- Lunches (in individual bags) served in training room with a choice of standard, vegetarian, vegan or specific dietary requirement – if possible, please advise of gluten free or other dietary requirements in advance.