Moving the Foundation Phase forward under the New Curriculum
This course will clarify what is happening to the Foundation Phase under the new curriculum in Wales. It will focus on what needs to stay the same and what needs to change.
- golden rules for an effective Foundation Phase
- timetables/fitting everything in
- bringing Year 3 into PS2
- bringing the learning in - visits and visitors etc
- raising standards through effective support staff
Long term topic mapping-how to maximise cross curricular links in the new AoLEs through project work
What people say about the Foundation Phase course..."Inspirational as always! Have enjoyed listening to Cath. She always understands what it's like on the 'shop floor'. Setting achievable and realistic goals. Giving time to reflect on your own setting and how to improve good practise to make it even better! She makes you feel that you are not alone, but part of a wonderful dream! Diolch!" "So straightforward, sensible, realistic and down to earth! Thank you" "Some really good reminders. Reassurance that not everything is going to change. Plenty of food for thought to take back to school. Great ideas to take forward." Course attendees 27/09/21
Course Presenter: Cath Delve
Course Location: South Wales - Cardiff
Future Inn's Conference Covid Policy
- Meetings will be arranged based on 1m social distancing.
- Anti-bac stations will continue to be in place.
- Social distancing encouraged in all public areas.
- Enhanced cleaning of public areas & high-level touch areas, this includes conference area.
- Staff members continuing to wear masks and guests asked to wear masks in all public areas.
- One way system when entering and exiting hotel.
- Conference guests asked to complete self-disclosure form on arrival.
- Individual water bottles will be provided.
- Tea/coffee served in training rooms.
- Lunches (in individual bags) served in training room with a choice of standard, vegetarian, vegan or specific dietary requirement – if possible, please advise of gluten free or other dietary requirements in advance.