Improving Pupils’ Writing with Effective, Engaging Revision and Editing (Morning 9am – 12pm)
A half-day online course to refresh the teaching of writing.
It is important to complete the writing process by helping pupils to return to their first drafts to improve the quality of their language and to check the accuracy of their writing. When pupils can independently craft their writing and assess their spelling and punctuation, they become more competent and effective writers.
This course will help you encourage pupils to act as real writers in your classroom.
- Discuss how to establish a revision routine in your writing sequence
- Explore how you can help pupils to revise their work, with a focus on improving sentences
- Provide tools to help pupils to revise and edit their work, increasing pupil independence and proficiency
- Focus on ways to improve pupils’ spelling.
Course Presenter: Stephanie Vaughan
Course Location: LIVE ONLINE MEETING
What Happens Next?
- Please provide Collective Learning with the email address of the person who will be attending the training.
- Your presenter will email a meeting invitation link to the person who is attending so that they can join her live on the day.
- The meeting room will only be available to those who have been sent the link and will be admitted to the room on the day.
- All resource materials will be sent electronically to the attendee after the event.