Humanities AoLE in Progression Step 1 (Nursery & Reception) SOUTH WALES (Cardiff)
This course will review the AoLE for Humanities at Nursery/Reception, explaining key changes and terminology; suggesting effective and challenging activities; resources and learning strategies to support successful implementation.
- to identify, discuss and assess proposed curriculum changes for Humanities at Nursery/Reception age, with a special emphasis on the ‘history’ and ‘geography’ elements *
- to identify, demonstrate and discuss effective approaches to planning, teaching and learning in Humanities which should be carried forward into the new curriculum to enable its effective implementation
- to show clearly how effective planning, teaching and learning in Humanities will naturally generate rich and varied opportunities for practising a range of essential cross-curricular skills and for implementing statutory frameworks like the LNF, DCF
- to discuss & explain an implementation plan, including details of suitable suggested mini topics
What people say about the Humanities at Nursery/Reception course...
- "Good Course - presented simply and easy to understand / follow" Course attendee 11/05/2021
- "Happy to come away with a better understanding of PS 1. Don gave a simpler explanation and breakdown of the WMS. Great examples for assessments." Course attendee 11/05/2021
- "A great insight in how to use the new AoLE for Humanities for planning - it was very useful to chat and gain a better understanding of the What Matters Statements and what is expected of me." Course attendee 11/05/2021
Course Presenters: Don Trueman, Linzi Robinson
Course Location: South Wales - Cardiff
Future Inn's Conference Covid Policy
- Meetings will be arranged based on 1m social distancing.
- Anti-bac stations will continue to be in place.
- Social distancing encouraged in all public areas.
- Enhanced cleaning of public areas & high-level touch areas, this includes conference area.
- Staff members continuing to wear masks and guests asked to wear masks in all public areas.
- One way system when entering and exiting hotel.
- Conference guests asked to complete self-disclosure form on arrival.
- Individual water bottles will be provided.
- Tea/coffee served in training rooms.
- Lunches (in individual bags) served in training room with a choice of standard, vegetarian, vegan or specific dietary requirement – if possible, please advise of gluten free or other dietary requirements in advance.