NEW ‘What does Donaldson look like in KS2’? – NORTH WALES (Ruthin)
In his ‘Successful Futures’ Report the ethos, principles and pedagogy of the current Foundation Phase was identified as a significant strength of current educational practice in Wales. It was recommended that schools build on successful ‘Foundation’ practice, philosophy and pedagogy into the middle and later years of primary education and beyond. How this works in practice needs to be carefully managed to ensure that transition issues are removed and progression is ensured.
Course objectivesCourse Sessions: Session 1 - Introduction This session gives a brief outline of the day’s training and includes a simplified version of Successful Futures (Donaldson Simplified) which will help schools to familiarise themselves with, plan and deliver the new curriculum effectively. Session 2 - What exactly are we supposed to be Building on?
- What does a successful Foundation Phase look like?
- What are the key words of successful practice and excellence?
- How do we take some of these elements of the Foundation Phase into Years 3 and 4?
- What will they look like in practice?
- What refinements need to be made?
- What curriculum ‘areas’ do we need to put into these classrooms?
- How do we promote independent learning here?
- How do we take the aspects of a successful Foundation Phase into these classrooms and yet ensure progression?
What people say about the Donaldson KS2 course...
"Being somewhat long in the tooth, I've been on many a course... This, I feel, is the best day's training I've done: informative, reassuring, practical, realistic and so motivating. Thanks for an amazing day." Course delegate Sep 2019 "An excellent course yet again. So many useful and practical ideas that promote independence and successful future. Perfect content for our schools development. Thank you." Course delegate Sep 2019 "Gave a very clear picture on Donaldson in KS2. Excellent examples given. I found the course VERY useful and will definitely be taking the ideas back to school to share and implement 'missions' in the school. The course was delivered at a good pace and very interesting." Course delegate Sep 2019