Digit Dog Challenges – Exploring Additive Relationships – Lynwen Barnsley
This pack, aimed at Progression Step 2 (Years 1 – 3), focuses on solving problems that involve additive relationships.
Digit Dog and his bones are used as a context for developing mathematical communication, explaining and exploring additive relationships, and solving missing number problems.
- questions that encourage thinking and communication
- sentence patterns to develop mathematical language
- ways to approach the task
- An explanation of how Digit Dog Challenges address the five proficiencies
- Links to the relevant Descriptions of Learning with explanations of language used
- Five challenges with teacher notes
- A5 sized copies of each challenge that can be used for enhanced provision, a challenge area or independent work
- Any paper resources needed for the challenges