Day 3 - Wed 26th May 2021
Day 1 - TBC Autumn term 2021
- developing the critical skills of middle leaders
- building teams and developing effective team dynamics
- developing effective skills to support performance management
- personal development: applications, interviews and improving presentation skills
Day 2 - TBC Spring 2022
- whole school data analysis: core data sets: becoming an expert!
- undertaking work scrutiny analysis
- reaching, recording and reporting accurate judgements
- presenting findings to stakeholders
- analysing wider data evidences- reading /numeracy tests and improving pupil performance
- triangulating evaluation evidences
- assessing teacher performance and developing mentoring and coaching skills
- improving teacher performance by developing high quality feedback skills
What people say about this course...
"An excellent course with lots of straightforward information." Course delegate Nov 2018
"Massively helpful and relevant. Well delivered and engaging. Picked up lots of ideas. Lots of discussions cleared some things up for me. Looking forward to the next course." Course delegate Nov 2018
"Great professional discussions regarding current educational topics and useful resources, frameworks provided." Course delegate Nov 2018
Course Presenter: Gareth Coombes
LEADERSHIP and MANAGEMENT/ ASSESSMENT for LEARNING - Gareth Coombes is an Educational Consultant
, he has 17 years’ advisory experience. Previously he has worked as a Challenge Adviser, a Lead Adviser in Newport LA, with a key responsibility for leadership and teaching and learning across the city's 54 primary schools. Prior to that Gareth worked in Torfaen and in an earlier life was a very successful primary headteacher.
Gareth Coombes is an Estyn Inspector of both Key Stage 2 and Foundation Phase. He is experienced in international working, particularly in the Far East, most recently in Dubai and Myanmar.
In his INSET, he will outline successful strategies, citing the many instances of excellent and good practices that he observes on his travels. His Inset is underpinned by up-to-date educational research. He believes in supporting schools with the 'how to do it' as opposed to the 'what to do'. His style is engaging and varied! He tells it as it is! He has presented at range of conferences.
Gareth’s fields of expertise are all aspects of leadership and effective teaching and learning. He has created a series of supportive educational products, particularly Leadership Continua, Middle Leaders Continua, Continua for LSAs, Continua for Kids and materials to support effective self-evaluation and work scrutiny! Most recently he is supporting schools in writing high-quality and much shorter SERs!
In partnership, he has re-launched Teaching Continua, currently used in over 500 schools, as an on-line developmental self-evaluation tool for teachers and school development. Gareth Coombes is currently working on materials to support schools in developing Successful Futures.
Search for Courses