NEW Curriculum Design and Implementation – Online Course
This online programme is set out in 6 comprehensive modules. These provide a comprehensive route map; key questions and guiding principles to help schools adapt and create their own curriculum. The result is a creative curriculum based on principles of outstanding pedagogy, relevant to the context of the school, and the Individual needs of learners. It also meets the requirements set out in the national framework.
Schools will consider:
- how to create a vision for your curriculum
- mapping learner skills
- what effective medium and long-term planning looks like
- trialing and evaluating your curriculum
- integrating metacognition and ‘effective assessment IN learning practices
- To have a clear understanding of expectations set out in the national framework and create a clear vision & rationale for meaningful curriculum design based on effective research.
- To develop medium and long-term plans based on the context of the school and the needs of groups and individual learners, so the learning experiences are meaningful, experiential and relevant.
- To explore a range of strategies which can be implemented to ensure learners become more independent, collaborative with an excellent understanding of Metacognition.
- To consider how to evaluate and plan for first teaching, as well as considering how this will develop and shape assessment practices.