LIVE ONLINE VIDEO STREAM: Creating Independent Learners
Promoting and improving independent learning skills
ESTYN Inspections are regularly recommending that children improve these skills but how do we achieve this on a day to day basis in our schools? Independence is far bigger than children not interrupting teachers……
To give as real an experience as possible, the course will be filmed and broadcast live on the day. You will be invited to attend via an email link to an easily accessible platform, and our technicians will be on hand to guide you through the process.
- What does an Independent child ‘look like’?
- How can we promote independence across both the school day and all areas of the curriculum?
- What are the main barriers to creating independent learners?
- How should we model, praise and reward it?
- Are children responsible for tidying?
- Do children have a financial responsibility for resources/materials/own belongings?
- Are children involved in a wide range of roles and responsibilities?
- Do children regularly have a say into how and what they learn? Pupil Voice-involvement in the planning process?
- Are children skilled and independent in self and peer assessment systems and routines?
- How often are the children given the opportunity to make a decision or a choice?
What people say about this course...
"One of the best courses I've been on in a while! Excellent delivery of information & resources." Course delegate March 2019 "Excellent ideas, discussions and ways forward for us to take back to school to develop and encourage our children to become more independent - and for us as staff to celebrate their independence." Course delegate March 2019 "Really inspiring day! Lots of practical ideas which I can't wait to take back to school. Looking forward to improving independent learning in my school." Course delegate March 2019
Course Presenter: Cath Delve
- To give as real an experience as possible, the course will be filmed and broadcast live on the day.
- Please provide Collective Learning with the email address of the attendee.
- You will be invited to attend via an email link to an easily accessible platform.
- Our technicians will be in touch to guide you through the process nearer the time.