Authentic and Purposeful Learning 3-7 Years – Pedagogy, Culture, Practice
This course will highlight what really matters to children, the features of authentic learning and the relevance and importance of first-hand experiences. It will focus on the types of effective learning environments schools need to create to fully support and embrace ‘A curriculum for funded non – maintained nursery settings’ (Early Years), and the New Curriculum.
- the principles and characteristics of excellent infant practice and pedagogy which never change
- rich, meaningful, authentic learning and how we can plan for a learning environment that supports experiential and schematic learning
- the role of the enabling adult in providing engaging experiences in a communication rich environment
- how we celebrate the process of children’s authentic learning in the classroom through meaningful and relevant high-quality displays and documentation
What people say about the Authentic and Purposeful Learning course...
- "I found this course excellent! It helped me to understand my classroom practice better and how to improve it with the pupils' holistic development at heart. I particularly liked the ideas about different learning environment areas and how to show progression. Thank you"
- "So thought provoking. I definitely need to utilise all my space!"
- "This was a really useful course and Jen was fantastic. I've come away with a clear idea of how my practice and classroom should be. Thank you!"