STEM in the Foundation Phase ‘BRILLIANT BLOCK PLAY – the world through the eyes of the child’ – SOUTH WALES (Cardiff)
Block play is the perfect way to support the four purposes. It offers a vast range of open-ended experiences, enriches every curriculum area and supports child development. Through block play children may investigate the basic principles of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics – not to mention problem solving, thinking and social skills! Block play fosters a child’s natural curiosity.
- identify the progression of block play from Nursery – Year 2 and beyond
- provide guidance on how to set up high-quality block play areas ensuring progression across the phase
- highlight the importance of using open-ended, natural and recycled materials to enhance block play areas
- draw attention to the role of the adult in this open-ended area of continuous provision
- share exemplary practice demonstrating the versatility of block play and how it supports all areas of learning
- hands on workshop and planning using ‘Areas of Learning and Experience’.
What people say about the STEM in the Foundation Phase ‘BRILLIANT BLOCK PLAY course...
- "Excellent ideas that we can start implementing straight away in the classroom. Lots of practical work. History was very useful. Thank you very much." Cardiff Delegate 03/10/18
- "Thank you Jen, it was informative, creative and fun! We are looking forward to setting up and developing this throughout the FP." Cardiff Delegate 03/10/18
- "A fantastic course, lots of lovely ideas to take back to school. Will be planning our area next week. Thank you." West Wales delegate 08/06/18