Planning the Outdoor Space in the Foundation Phase – SOUTH WALES (Cardiff)
Outside space: big bit or small bit? How can we use it?
Introducing, organising, and managing an outdoor classroom can be extremely challenging, especially in schools where there is little access to suitable outdoor space. This event will focus specifically on areas adjacent to classrooms (the ‘bit’ outside the classroom) and will provide practitioners with the opportunity to refine and further develop current systems for creating, organising and managing this interesting area!
- ensure high quality outdoor spaces/classrooms across the FP that are efficiently resourced and managed, no matter how big or small
- embrace opportunities to create and further develop areas adjacent to classrooms so they provide a range of effective and productive activities which support current learning and children’s interests
- share a range of excellent outdoor spaces/classroom provision
- provide opportunities to plan for specific high quality outdoor space/classroom provision
- provide examples of Literacy/Numeracy skill progression across the Foundation Phase