Outdoor Learning in Primary School – SOUTH WALES (Cardiff)
“Sticks and stones may break my bones but worms will never hurt me”
Outdoor learning offers our children very special opportunities for play and exploration, real experiences and contact with their natural world.
- provide regular opportunities for children to develop and practice literacy and other skills outdoors
- plan, organise and assess learning as well in the outdoors as they do indoors link curriculum coverage outdoors directly with what is happening indoors
- ensure that all staff are well trained and confident in using the outdoors to support learning
One copy of the resource below is included with this courseShould you require additional copies of Karen and Cath's superb Outdoor Learning resource, they can be ordered and posted out to you. Furthermore, we offer this resource in both Welsh and English.
What people say about the Outdoor Learning course...
- "Excellent ideas for furthering the organisation of my outdoor days. Ensuring more independence for the children and flexibility for the staff. Many thanks for a lovely informative day." (Cardiff course delegate 18/03/19)
- "Real life, honest discussion of issues we face and how to overcome. Excellent examples of quality activities and progression ideas. I feel inspired. Thank you" (Welshpool course delegate 20/06/18)
- "Absolutely wonderful, will make a huge impact on my practice and at our school." (Cardiff course delegate 03/10/18)