NEW Helping the Struggling Writer in the Classroom
The best way to support struggling writers is to provide support WITHIN the classroom. Pupils can be daunted by the complexities of extended writing. This course will show teachers how to scaffold tasks so that pupils can show their knowledge and understanding in writing.
- Incorporate talk to support the reluctant writer.
- Use lively, interactive tasks to increase pupils’ vocabulary, enhance their understanding of sentence constructions and secure their ability to write clear paragraphs linked together by conjunctions.
- Use strategies to help pupils to plan their writing independently.
- Include activities to assist pupils to revise and edit their writing.
Course Presenter: Stephanie Vaughan
Course Location: South Wales - Cardiff
Future Inn's Conference Covid Policy
- Meetings will be arranged based on 1m social distancing.
- Anti-bac stations will continue to be in place.
- Social distancing encouraged in all public areas.
- Enhanced cleaning of public areas & high-level touch areas, this includes conference area.
- Staff members continuing to wear masks and guests asked to wear masks in all public areas.
- One way system when entering and exiting hotel.
- Conference guests asked to complete self-disclosure form on arrival.
- Individual water bottles will be provided.
- Tea/coffee served in training rooms.
- Lunches (in individual bags) served in training room with a choice of standard, vegetarian, vegan or specific dietary requirement – if possible, please advise of gluten free or other dietary requirements in advance.