Momentous Marks, Dynamic Drawings! SOUTH WALES (Cardiff)
Mark making to writing – It’s only scribble, isn’t it?
Mark making is integral to the process of creating confident and competent writers. This course examines
mark making in its own right and shares a range of practical and appropriate activities to support this often
neglected and crucial pre-writing stage for 3-5-year-olds.
- explore the stages of mark making leading to letter formation within rich and meaningful contexts
- highlight drawing as a precursor to writing, storytelling and cognitive development indicator
- share specific characteristics of high-quality provision which appropriately facilitate and support children’s early writing in nursery and reception classes
- emphasise the importance of dance, music and rhyme in supporting fine/gross motor skill development
Course Presenter: Jen Summers
Course Location: South Wales - Cardiff
Future Inn's Conference Covid Policy
- Meetings will be arranged based on 1m social distancing.
- Anti-bac stations will continue to be in place.
- Social distancing encouraged in all public areas.
- Enhanced cleaning of public areas & high-level touch areas, this includes conference area.
- Staff members continuing to wear masks and guests asked to wear masks in all public areas.
- One way system when entering and exiting hotel.
- Conference guests asked to complete self-disclosure form on arrival.
- Individual water bottles will be provided.
- Tea/coffee served in training rooms.
- Lunches (in individual bags) served in training room with a choice of standard, vegetarian, vegan or specific dietary requirement – if possible, please advise of gluten free or other dietary requirements in advance.