Making Oracy Work for you In the New Curriculum SOUTH WALES (Cardiff)
The AoLLC stresses the importance of both listening and speaking. With an ability to listen carefully, respond to others and challenge ideas and the skills to express ideas, articulate opinions and explain concepts, pupils become more resourceful and adaptable learners. This course helps your school to develop oracy across the curriculum in FP and KS2 so that pupils talk to learn and talk to express themselves.
- To explore strategies to build a whole school approach to the teaching of speaking and listening.
- To look at ways to help pupils to become attentive listeners and fluent speakers.
- To suggest what goes in an oracy toolkit so that talk becomes an integral part of pupils’ learning.
- To discuss how pupils’ talk can promote the acquisition of the wider skills in the new curriculum and help them to become purposeful, analytical and reflective learners.
Course Presenter: Stephanie Vaughan
Course Location: South Wales - Cardiff
Future Inn's Conference Covid Policy
- Meetings will be arranged based on 1m social distancing.
- Anti-bac stations will continue to be in place.
- Social distancing encouraged in all public areas.
- Enhanced cleaning of public areas & high-level touch areas, this includes conference area.
- Staff members continuing to wear masks and guests asked to wear masks in all public areas.
- One way system when entering and exiting hotel.
- Conference guests asked to complete self-disclosure form on arrival.
- Individual water bottles will be provided.
- Tea/coffee served in training rooms.
- Lunches (in individual bags) served in training room with a choice of standard, vegetarian, vegan or specific dietary requirement – if possible, please advise of gluten free or other dietary requirements in advance.