Making Mathematics Add up in Y1/Y2 – NORTH WALES (Ruthin)
Achieving competence in Numeracy.
£180.00 + VAT (20%)
Target Group: TAs, Y1/Y2 Teachers
- successfully manage the balance between learning through play while maintaining high standards in basic skills
- provide more regular opportunities for children to develop and practice their numeracy skills
- ensure that the promotion of pupil’s numeracy skills is embedded in everyday teaching and relates to real life
- plan, organise and assess pupil’s mathematics and numeracy skills effectively ensuring that pupil’s individual needs are met
- ensure that the pupils with additional learning needs are supported through early identification and intervention
- map and link the Numeracy Framework with existing contexts
- surround pupils in a numeracy rich environment and use resources effectively raise standards further through mathematics and numeracy home school links
Course Presenter: Cath Delve
FOUNDATION PHASE/ OUTDOOR LEARNING/ WHOLE SCHOOL ISSUES - Cath Delve provides training, guidance and support to schools and LEAs all over Wales. Her courses cover a wide range of topics such as creating independent learners, outdoor learning, pupil voice and well-being, raising the attainment of boys, progression in continuous and enhanced provision, planning and the curriculum, being an effective Foundation Phase leader, literacy, numeracy, creativity, assessment, raising standards through display, transition, moving towards the new curriculum, developing the role of support staff and the exemplary delivery of the Foundation Phase. Some of her initiatives such as ‘Freaky Friday,’ ‘Igloo’ and ‘Messy Monday’ have been implemented and used by schools all over Wales and into England. In addition to working for Collective Learning as a course provider she is also an independent educational consultant working alongside many, many schools all over Wales to help them improve their environments, provision, curriculum, everyday practice with a view to raising standards and moving forward in every way.
Course Location: North Wales
RUTHIN: Woodlands Hall, Caravan Park and Hotel, Ruthin, Denbighshire, LL15 2AN START TIME: 9.00am coffee and registration for a 9.30am start