POSTPONED – Humanities AoLE in Progression Step 1 (Nursery & Reception) SOUTH WALES (Cardiff)
This course has been POSTPONED until 8th October 2020
If you were due to attend you will automatically be re-booked onto the Autumn Term course
This course will review the draft proposals for Humanities at Nursery/Reception, explaining key changes and terminology; suggesting effective and challenging activities; resources and learning strategies to support successful implementation.
- to identify, discuss and assess proposed curriculum changes for Humanities at Nursery/Reception age, with a special emphasis on the ‘history’ and ‘geography’ elements *
- to identify, demonstrate and discuss effective approaches to planning, teaching and learning in Humanities which should be carried forward into the new curriculum to enable its effective implementation
- to show clearly how effective planning, teaching and learning in Humanities will naturally generate rich and varied opportunities for practising a range of essential cross-curricular skills and for implementing statutory frameworks like the LNF, DCF
- to discuss & explain an implementation plan, including details of suitable suggested mini topics
What people say about the Humanities at Nursery/Reception course...
- "Useful insight into new curriculum and particularly the documents putting all the information from the humanities document together - much more user friendly! Thank you!" Course attendee 21/11/19
- "Very informative about new curriculum. Presented in an interesting and relaxed manner, and a good opportunity to share experiences with other teachers. Really enjoyed!!" Course attendee 21/11/19
- "There is a lot on information given and it's all been really useful and thought provoking, I really do feel like I have a better understanding of what humanities looks like at PS1." Course attendee 21/11/19