LIVE ONLINE: Creating Confident Accurate Spellers
The Essential Guide
As we move towards full implementation of A Curriculum for Wales, will spelling feature on your plan for LLC provision? Are your pupils accurate spellers or do they lack independence? Have you struggled to identify what good practice in spelling should look like in your class/across your school?
The Spelling Attack approach and comprehensive bank of resources is the answer to cracking the spelling conundrum. It includes a toolkit for teachers as well as a full spelling policy that underpins the approach.
The format of the training day will be somewhat different as we will be ‘meeting’ virtually. The sessions will be for a small group so that they can be interactive. The day will be chunked into more bitesize pieces and will include tasks for reflection as well as discussion.
- why some learners fail to make progress in spelling and what to do about this
- how to actively teach a range of spelling strategies to encourage independent spellers
- how learners can be taught a range of strategies to support spelling development beyond phonics to ensure learners make progress
- how spelling ‘tests’ and spelling tasks can be made more pupil centred and achieve greater impact and pupil engagement.
Course Presenter: Helen Bowen
Live Online Course - ZOOM Meeting
What Happens Next?
- Please provide Collective Learning with the email address of the person who will be attending the training days.
- Helen Bowen will send through a Zoom Meeting invite to the person who is attending so that they can join her live on the day.
- The meeting room will only be available to those who have been sent the link and will be admitted to the room on the day.
- For safety, the meeting room will then be ‘locked’ once the training has started, and no other participants will be able to enter.
- All materials will be sent electronically to the attendee after the event.